Monday, August 17, 2015

Quickbooks Keyboard Short-Cuts

I love keyboard short-cuts. They are so useful and are easy on hands.

+ to increase date by 1.
- to reduce date by 1.
t for today.
y for beginning of the year (Normally 01/01/yy, though it doesn't bring up the right date sometimes.)
mmdd followed by tab will put in the date in mm/dd/yy format.

Ctrl+Delete to delete a line (useful on creating invoice or splitting expenses)
Ctrl+Insert to insert a line (ditto)
Ctrl+D to delete the whole entry.

Ctrl+C to copy (good for copying and pasting long text)
Ctrl+V to paste (ditto)

Edit and then select duplicate (useful to duplicate a similar invoice or estimate to bill to various parties or create several versions with mostly same info.)

Ctrl+M to memorize entry I enter regularly.
Ctrl+T to bring up memorized transactions.

I like to memorize reports I pull regularly.
I normally create a group of reports named "01 Monthly Review" where I save Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss, and General Ledger and other useful reports.
Each month when I change the period, I re-memorize them hence overriding the old dates.


No comments:

Post a Comment